Please know that I no longer offer individual work, with the exception of half-hour sessions (Skype or in-person) for the purpose of making sure that attending one of my 5-day groups or a couples intensive is right for you.
If you are wanting to or are considering working with me, here are some basic requirements:
- Have had previous psychotherapy or counseling. If you haven’t had such experience, I have colleagues — all of whom have been trained by me — I can refer you to for work (perhaps with a possible goal of at some point attending one of my groups or a couples intensive).
- Are not currently on long-term psycho-pharmaceutical medications (with a few exceptions, such as when you are engaged in skillfully tapering down your dosage).
- Have no active addictions. If you’ve had an addiction to minor drug use/porn/eating/alcohol, you’ll need to be at least 6 months clean/sober/free of such addiction.
- Have no illicit drug usage.
- For couples intensives — which I do just a handful of each year — I only work with those who are in a basically solid monogamous relationship and who are deeply committed to staying together long term, with each partner being already willing to do whatever work is required to strengthen and deepen the relationship.
If you meet the above guidelines, the first step is to fill out our client application form and return it to us.
If after receiving your application, I sense that your working with me could be a good fit, the next step would be to have a half-hour session with me (either via Skype or in-person), to do some work and to make sure that further work with me is right for you.
Prior to working with me, I ask that you listen to and work with my Sounds True audio program Knowing Your Shadow, and begin reading my books Spiritual Bypassing, Transformation Through Intimacy, and Emotional Intimacy. It’s important that you resonate with my material if you are going to work with me. If you don’t, then I’m not the right guide for you.