Masters Mens Work: Groups & Individual Intensives
BRINGING HEAD, HEART, AND GUTS
INTO FULL-BLOODED ALIGNMENT
Uncommonly deep group work and/or individual intensives for men who are ready to face whatever is obstructing their well-being and their capacity to function optimally in every area of their life. Through such work, men learn to embody a manhood as strongly empowered as it is vulnerable, as emotionally attuned as it’s alive, as passionately present as it is loving, a manhood that cannot help but serve the highest good of one and all.
When I need my own therapy I call Robert. So, speaking as his client, having been a psychotherapist myself, I have often said of Robert: “He gets a year’s worth of work done in about an hour.” The subtitle of his mens groups (“Bringing Head, Heart, and Guts into Full-Blooded Alignment”) is not hyperbole. This is what Robert does, better than anyone I have ever seen in 35+ years. (Bill Kauth, cofounder of the ManKind Project)
To Be a Man
My approach is intuitively integral, working with body, mind, emotion, and spirit through a spontaneously structured mix of cutting-edge psychotherapy, coaching, bodywork, emotional opening, shadow-work, and relational and spiritual deepening. All of this is conducted in the spirit of becoming more intimate with all that you are — high and low, dark and light, masculine and feminine. There’s plenty of rawness, plenty of revelation and deep opening and breakthrough, plus a sense of safety that’s solid enough to provide a powerful container (both crucible and sanctuary) for whatever work needs to be done. Areas covered include:
- Facing and making wise use of your shame
- Coming fully alive, including emotionally
- Softening without any loss of power
- Both embracing and protecting the boy within
- Stripping your anger of its aggression without robbing it of its passion
- Deepening your courage
- Connecting head, heart, and belly
- Fully embodying your masculinity
- Bringing your shadow (whatever you’ve disowned in yourself) out of the dark
- Facing and working through your core wounds
- Dream exploration (using dreams as portals for healing and awakening)
- Shedding your armoring without abandoning your boundaries
- Outgrowing any pornographic leanings you might have
- Freeing your sexuality from the obligation to make you feel better
- Getting your inner critic off your back
- Deepening your sensitivity without losing your balls
- Cutting through your fear of your raw masculinity
- Cultivating healthy challenge
- Developing more transparency
- Finding a source of strength in your vulnerability
- Relating not from your conditioning, but to it
- Accessing a warriorhood that’s rooted in both love and power
- Deepening your ability to be in truly healthy relationships
Full-Blooded Manhood & Men’s Work: Mankind Project interviews Robert
LOGISTICS FOR GROUPS
- Groups are 4 or 5 days long, and are usually limited to 8 or 10 men.
- Participation is by invitation only.
- Tuition in the continental US is $1300, with a $400 nonrefundable deposit. (NOTE: The Hawaii March group will be residential, with the fee including tuition, accommodation, and all meals.)
- Participants are responsible for their own accommodation and meals.
- If you’re interested in attending and haven’t worked with me before, the first step is to complete our Client application form.
- The next step is to have a session with me (either in-person or Skype), to do some in-depth work and to make sure that the group is right for you. My usual fee is $300 per hour, but for these sessions my fee is $225 for 50 minutes in-person or $150 for 30 minutes via Skype.
LOGISTICS FOR INDIVIDUAL INTENSIVES
(Note: I no longer offer a series of sessions (as in conventional therapy or coaching), but rather short premium quality private intensives, having found that this format allows me to provide maximum value in very little time.)
- Four 1.5 hour sessions spread over two consecutive days.
- Tuition is $1800, with a $400 nonrefundable deposit. Some discounts may be possible.
- You are responsible for your own accommodation and meals.
- If you’re interested in doing an individual intensive with me and haven’t worked with me before, the first step is to complete our Client application form.
- The next step is to have a session with me (either in-person or Skype), to do some in-depth work and to make sure that doing an individual intensive with me is right for you. My usual fee is $300 per hour, but for these sessions my fee is $225 for 50 minutes in-person or $150 for 30 minutes via Skype.
NEXT MEN’S GROUPS
March 12-16 (Hawaii)
The passage to full manhood is deeply transformational, abundantly supplied with soul-enlivening challenge and firsthand teachings, catalyzing needed healings and breakthroughs, uprooting us again and again so that we might stand ever-truer ground.
Along the way we learn to cultivate an intimacy with everything that we are — high and low, dark and light, masculine and feminine, dying and undying — for the benefit of one and all.
This is the primal odyssey pulsing in every man’s marrow, whether or not he embarks on it.